Team Louisiana Documents
As Hurricane Katrina pounded the New Orleans region on Aug. 29, 2005, the Federal levee system failed, causing massive flooding and the deaths of hundreds of citizens and destruction of billions of dollars of property.
Federal agencies and national organizations mounted investigations into the causes behind the failures. On behalf of the state of Louisiana, DOTD Secretary Johnny B. Bradberry commissioned a team of Louisiana scientists to gather and document all available data relevant to the failures. This team became known as "Team Louisiana."
Below are three documents:
- The first is a "transmittal letter" from the team to DOTD. Letter From Team Louisiana (117 kb)
- The second document is a letter from DOTD, acknowledging receipt of the report. Letter From Secretary Bradberry (24 kb)
- Executive Summary (121 kb)
- Cover page, Table of Contents, Executive Summary and Introduction (2 mb)
Chapter 1 (4 mb)
Chapter 2 (2 mb)
Chapter 3 (30 mb)
Chapter 4 (801 kb)
Chapter 5 (4 mb)
Chapter 6 (40 mb)
Chapter 7 (13 mb)
Chapter 8 (Conclusions) (2 mb)
Acknowledgements, references and appendices (26 mb)
- The last and largest document is the entire Team Louisiana report. Team Louisiana Final Report (231 mb)
Please note that the Final Report is very large and will probably time-out if you try to view it directly off of our site. We recommend that you right-mouse click on the link and Save Target As... to save it to your local drive for viewing.